Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Fresh Spring Salad

Fresh Spring Salad

Asparagus, Strawberries and Spinach, Oh my!

Have I mentioned how much I love this time of year?  I am reveling in the abundance of fresh asparagus, kale, lettuce, spinach and strawberries.  

Today I stopped by a local produce stand and picked up a bunch of asparagus, a bag of spinach, a beautiful head of lettuce and some of the sweetest fresh-picked strawberries I've ever had.  When I got home it was lunch time.  I didn't even have to think twice about what to make.  

This is my favorite kind of salad.  It always starts with a fresh bed of lettuce, or whatever greens I have on hand.  Next comes the "meat" of the salad. Sometimes my "meat" is leftover beans or quinoa from the night before, sometimes it's whatever vegetables I have fresh.  Today it was asparagus.  

I sauteed my asparagus in coconut oil and sprinkled it with Himalayan salt.  Next, I sliced my fresh strawberries for sweetness and color, and topped the salad off with sliced almonds and a squeeze of fresh lemon.  Voila.  So simple.  So satisfying.


              Asparagus Strawberry Spring Salad

Ingredients:

a handful of lettuce
a handful of spinach
one bunch of asparagus
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
Himalayan salt or sea salt to taste
a handful of strawberries
a handful of sliced almonds
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Optional: crumbled goat cheese

Hungry for more recipes?
Check out my website: www.kimdiazwellness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment