Thursday, April 21, 2016

Chroninc Inflammation and Alison's story

Type 2 Diabetes, Autoimmune Disease, Joint Pain, Inflammatory Bowel Conditions....
View this email in your browser

Are you suffering from Chronic Inflammation?

Chronic inflammation plays a significant role (as either a cause or effect) in many diseases, including type 2 diabetesautoimmune diseases, such as Crohn’sand Celiac diseaserheumatoid arthritis, and the three top killers in the United States: heart disease, cancer and stroke.

Emerging research is focusing on the link between inflammation and brain disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. The good news is that diet, exercise and lifestyle changes can be powerful tools against inflammation!


Want to reduce Inflammation?  Where do you begin? 

Let me share with you the story of one of my clients....

Her name is Alison.  Alison is in her mid-forties and has been a competitive runner and triathlete since her young twenties.  Around the time she turned forty, she started feeling pain in her lower back and joints.  She didn't recover as easily from her competitions.  When the pain progressed, she went to the doctor and diagnosed with osteoarthritis and high levels of inflammation.  She was told there was nothing she could do but take pain pills and anti-inflammatory medication.  She didn't like the idea of taking meds with a long list of side effects, but she had to take them just get through the day without pain.  


That's when she called me and we started talking about how food could play a role in helping to reduce the inflammation in her body.  Alison signed up for my 2 week Cleanse program and started noticing a difference in how she felt.  She felt more energy and noticed less pain (In only 2 weeks!!)  We continued working together, one on one, over 3 months and I helped her figure out how to incorporate an anti-inflammatory diet into her busy life.  I also got her started on the right supplements, and helped her find the right tools to combat stress, like yoga, deep breathing and essential oils.  

I just spoke with Alison the other day and she told me that she continues to feel great and is sticking with the healthier eating and yoga and living pain-free! She had recently gone back to her doctor for a six month check-up.  The doctor ordered a blood test to measure her inflammation level and it was almost non-existent!  The best part?  She stopped taking those anti-inflammatory meds many months ago.

I share this story with you, because Food IS Medicine and I've seen simple diet changes, absolutely change people's lives.  It's what makes my job as a health coach so fulfilling!

If you are interested in making changes to your eating habits and lifestyle and need help getting started, I invite you to join me for my upcoming Spring Fresh Start Cleanse Program.  It's a 2 week long group program, that was designed to help you:

-reduce inflammation in your body
-lose weight (average of 5-10 lbs)
-gain more energy
-improve digestion
-kick your sugar cravings to the curb
-reset your metabolism
-boost your immune system
-Discover you personal blueprint to health!

All of this IS possible by learning how to eat the RIGHT FOODS for your unique body!  REAL FOOD.  No pills, powders, shakes or magic beans...

I encourage you to sign up and join me on this healthy adventure!  It could transform your life!  Contact me with your questions.  I'm here to support you and empower you 100% of the way.

To your health and happiness,
Health Coach Kim Diaz

Read more about Health Coaching and my Seasonal Cleanse programsHERE

No comments:

Post a Comment